Invisalign® is a series of custom-made aligners that are created just for you. The aligners are made of comfortable, smooth, nearly invisible plastic. The aligners are worn over the teeth and gradually shift them into their proper places. A new set of aligners is given every two weeks to help the patient progress in their orthodontic treatment. If you have malocclusion issues, talk to Dr. Jason Howell to see if Invisalign in Meridian, Garden City, and Payette, Idaho, is right for you.
Invisalign can be used to correct a wide variety of alignment problems, including:
– Gapped teeth: Gaps between the teeth may be because of a jawbone that is too large for the smile or because of missing teeth.
– Overbite: The upper teeth sit too far forward of the lower teeth. This is caused by genetics, poor oral habits, or overdevelopment of the upper jaw.
– Underbite: Underbite occurs when the lower teeth sit in front of the upper teeth. This can be caused by undergrowth of the upper jaw, overgrowth of the lower jawbone, or both. Missing upper teeth can also cause an underbite.
– Open bite: In an open bite, some teeth do not make physical contact with the opposing teeth. This is caused by thumb-sucking or an abnormal jaw structure.
– Crowding: This happens when there is not enough room in your jaw for your teeth to fit properly. If not treated, crowded teeth can become worse over time.
– Crossbite: A crossbite may happen if both the upper and lower teeth are misaligned, causing one or more upper teeth to sit inside of the lower teeth. This can happen on the front and sides of the mouth.
We encourage you to contact Howell Orthodontics today to learn more and to schedule a consultation with our orthodontist.