Are you suffering from a malocclusion? Malocclusions, also commonly referred to as “bad bites”, refer to misalignments and wrongly positioned fits with your teeth and jaws. Malocclusions can be caused by an assortment of factors, many of which are out of your control. For all the various types and styles of common bad bites that may be wreaking havoc on your smile, see the list below:
– Spacing malocclusions transpire with overcrowded teeth or large gaps between teeth.
– Misplaces midlines transpire when the center of your upper incisors (front teeth) do not correctly align with the center of your lower incisors.
– Rotation malocclusions transpire when your teeth rotate out of their proper alignment.
– Transposition malocclusions transpire when your teeth erupt above the gum line in the wrong space.
– Underbites, also known as bulldog teeth, transpire when your lower incisors protrude out further than the upper incisors.
– Crossbites transpire when your lower jawbone protrudes out farther than your upper jawbone.
– Overbites, also called upper protrusions or buck teeth, transpire when your upper incisors protrude out farther than your lower incisors.
– Open bites transpire when you have disconnected upper and lower incisors when biting down.
If you would like to experience the life-changing transformation that orthodontic aligners can provide, please stop by Howell Orthodontics for an oral exam from Dr. Jason Howell and our team in Meridian, Idaho. Schedule your visit by calling us at 208-893-5151. We look forward to helping you with your smile alignment needs!