Do you suffer from a malocclusion? A malocclusion often refers to a bad bite or crooked teeth. If so, our orthodontists at Howell Orthodontics will do our very best to ensure the treatment options you need are used to ensure your mouth can have the best smile possible. Even if you have suffered from abnormally curved teeth, with time and patience, we can fix it.
If you think you may suffer from a bad bite, here are some of the most common types:
– Closed-bites occur when the lower incisors bite into your upper front teeth. Closed bites are an extreme form of overbites.
– Over-bites occur when the upper incisors stick out further than the lower front teeth.
– Overcrowded teeth occur when the space between each tooth is absent, or there is overlap.
– Open-bites occur when the top and bottom incisors fail to line up when biting.
– Bad bites occur from misaligned teeth, missing teeth, extra teeth, and various tooth irregularities.
– Cross-bites occur when your lower jaw protrudes past your upper jaw.
– Dental spacing issues occur when there is too much space between teeth.
– Under-bites occur when the lower incisors stick out further than the upper front teeth.
– Misplaced midlines occur when the center of your upper incisors fail to line up with the center of your lower front teeth.
If you suffer from any of the above conditions, please contact our orthodontists at Howell Orthodontics. If you are interested in a professional exam for your various orthodontics treatment options with Dr. Jason Howell, please visit our office located in Meridian, Idaho or call us at 208-893-5151 to set up a meeting. We look forward to fixing your smile!